Firstly let’s know who are household managers?
A household manager is someone who oversees and the department related to housing facilities such as cleaning, supervising junior staffs, maintain all kinds of cleansing works, they look out ways to advance the maintenance of house.
The housekeeping manager is solely responsible to make sure if all the housekeepers have finished their training period before performing any of the cleansing tasks as this will make sure that the duty they get will be completed in a perfect manner. Being a household Manager is a tough job as there is no specific department you have to work in, you need to overlook and manage everything that’s in and around you in the place. The Financials are also looked by them as they have to give a final call on what needs to be spent and what to be saved for household purposes.
So we can see that it is a diversified job with many obligations one has to keep and also a great responsible work one needs to work for. The person assigned this job should be well versed with communication, managing people, he must possess sound knowledge of household chores and how it is to be done.
Let’s see what can be the 5 best qualities for becoming a better household manager:
1. Educated and Experienced – The household manager needs to hold some experience and must be educated in the same field so that he can perform all duties well. He needs to choose his subordinates staff and needs to pick the best ones as that will make the work done smoothly and perfectly. The Manager needs to know which work to delegate to which staff and which outsiders he needs to be associated with so that the outsourcing work can be done at the best.
2. Communication – This criteria is a must and the manager should be very sound perfect in this. As the manager will need to speak with hundreds of person daily he must be fluent with atleast 2-3 languages and should have good skills to understand other languages too. A good communication will always benefit as the process will be smooth and there will be no miscommunication between the manager and his subordinates.
3. Accountability – One needs to be responsible for whatever work he has been assigned and all the duties need to be carried out should be done by the given time itself. He needs to personally supervise and see whether each one of them is doing their work nicely and no one is trying to cheat or steal.
4. Leadership – The manager needs to be a good leader as to lead the team behind him and also to stand for each one of them. People working under him should feel free to discuss and share anything with the manager.
5. Dynamic – One needs to be dynamic in this field as there is no time boundation in this job, the manager will have to stretch his time sometimes and work.
Hoteller Luxury Hotel
Via Serlas 546
6700 St. Moritz
Tel.: +41 (0)54 2344 00
Fax: +41 (0)542344 99